Familia en Christo – Lorri

Today was our last day of teaching in Rey Sabio Salomon. Our goal was to finish with a big bang and from what I heard we did just that. Unfortunately I was unable to join the team this morning. It was so great to hear about everyone’s lessons. I was able to vividly imagine the expressions of the children through my team’s descriptions and excitement. God has been so good this week. I can see his presence growing everyday in my team.

Tonight we had an appreciation dinner with the teachers from the school. The team spread out and sat amongst the teachers. Tonight was so great to just relax and attempt to talk to each other in our broken languages. We were able to laugh with each other at our attempts in speaking each other’s language. God was present tonight (as always) as we had the opportunity to get to know our brothers and sisters in Christ. The love and appreciation the teachers showed us as we came into their school and messed up their schedule was amazing. It was completely the work of God through them as well as the children. Tonight there was pure joy in all of us. A joy that lasted even after dinner when we got back to the flat. A joy that will continue onto tomorrow as we spend our last day together. A joy that will remain in our hearts everytime we think of our family in Christ here in Ecuador.

Blessings, Lorri